Joining is so easy. You’re already halfway there.
It’s incredibly easy to become an Innovations Federal Credit Union member. You don’t have to pass a test or learn a secret handshake. Really. All you have to do is follow these simple steps:
See if you’re eligible.
Those eligible to join Innovations Federal Credit Union are:
- Persons who live, work, worship, attend school, or volunteer in, and businesses and other legal entities located in Bay County, Florida
- Spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership of this credit union; employees of this credit union; members of their immediate families; and organizations of such persons
- “Your Family is Our Family.” Our “Immediate Family” provision means that you can pass the word along to your relatives about the advantages of credit union membership. As a member of Innovations Federal Credit Union, your spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, or grandchild also becomes eligible for membership. For purposes of definition, immediate family members include stepparents, stepchildren, stepsiblings, and adoptive relationships—those living in the same household.
Tell us you’re ready to become an Innovations member.
All you need to do is come into one of our branch offices and one of our friendly Financial Service Representatives will help you out by gathering all of your information. And since everyone likes to be prepared, here’s what we’ll need from you:
- The names of the people who will have access to the account (they will need to sign the account card)
- The birth date of each account holder
- The address of each account holder
- The phone number of each account holder
- The Social Security Number of each account holder
- In the process of opening your new account, we will pull your credit to verify your identity*
- The driver’s license number of each account holder
Please note: If the address on your driver’s license is incorrect, we will need one of the following items reflecting your current address:
- Independent verification through credit bureau report or reliable public database
- Utility bill (less than 3 months old)
- Unexpired passport
- Voter Registration Card
- Unexpired professional license issued by a government agency in the U.S.
- Current homeowner’s insurance policy or bill
- Current automobile insurance policy or bill
- Periodic statement from federally-insured financial institution, less than 3 months old
- Mail from Federal, State, County, or City government agency (including city and county agencies), less than 3 months old
- When opening a new account for a minor: parents, grandparents, or legal guardians will need to bring the child’s social security card for verification of identity.
Once we have all of that in our system, you’ll receive your membership card immediately. Then, all that is needed is your signature.
Open a Share Savings Account.
Once you’re done with the information gathering step, you can open your Share (Savings) Account and establish your Innovations membership. We’ll need two forms of identification, and one of them has to be a primary ID with your photo and signature—like your U.S. driver’s license, U.S. military ID, passport, or ID card issued by federal, state, or local government. You will also need to know your social security number or bring your social security card with you. Once you deposit a minimum of $5, your account is officially open for smart saving. As long as you keep a balance of $5 or more, you’ll always be an Innovations member. Welcome aboard!
Review and open other Innovations accounts.
We have a wide variety of products and services to choose from, such as Checking Accounts, Share Certificates, Auto Loans, Mortgages, VISA® Credit Cards, and more. Let us know what you’re interested in and we can help you get signed up for those, too.
US Patriot Act New Accounts Information
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.
*Innovations Federal Credit Union meets all USA Patriot Act Identity Verifications.