We’ve become aware of a scam where fraudsters are contacting members via phone calls acting as the Innovations Fraud Department. These malicious actors are “spoofing” the Innovations phone number and making it appear that the call is originating from our fraud department.
Example of how “spoofing” works: You receive a call from someone pretending to be from the Innovations Fraud Department. They falsely claim suspicious activity on your account and request you to provide sensitive information, including your online or mobile banking login credentials, full card number and PIN. Next, they ask you to accept a fraud alert so a pending transaction is approved. These manipulative tactics deceive you into compromising your personal and financial information.
Things to know about the real Innovations Fraud Department:
- We Will Never Ask for Sensitive Information: Innovations FCU will never ask you to disclose your online or mobile banking login credentials, full card number, PIN, one-time passcodes, or any other sensitive information over the phone.
- Legitimate Innovations Fraud Alerts Are for Your Verification: Our legitimate fraud alerts are intended to empower you to verify the authenticity of transactions, not to ask for your sensitive information.
- Trust Your Instincts: If you receive a call from someone claiming to be an Innovations employee and they ask for information we already have, disconnect immediately. Scammers often rely on high-pressure tactics to create a sense of urgency.
Your account security is our utmost priority. If you are uncertain about the legitimacy of a call or request, please remember the following steps:
- Do not share personal information over the phone unless you initiated the call and you are sure about the recipient’s identity.
- Hang up if you feel pressured or uncomfortable during a call.
- Contact Innovations FCU directly at 850-233-4400 or by sending us a secure message through Online Banking or the Mobile Banking App if you have concerns about your account. Your vigilance is crucial in preventing fraudulent activities.
Safeguard your account by setting up Alerts within Online Banking or the Innovations Mobile Banking app. Click here to learn more!